Partial degree program at other Swiss universities (outgoing)

Students of Film Studies at the University of Zurich can complement their degree program with a discipline offered by another Swiss university, or spend one or several semesters at another Swiss university: exchange programs and mobility at UZH

The Master’s program of the SWISS CINEMA NETWORK includes compulsory courses and core elective modules at several Swiss universities.

Studying abroad (outgoing)

The Swiss-European Mobility Programme (SEMP) is Switzerland’s interim solution following the suspension of Erasmus (Erasmus is an education program of the European Union, established in 1987). The Department of Film Studies has participated in this European exchange program since 2000.
The International Relations Office provides general information on the various options for studying abroad, including SEMP (formerly Erasmus).
For further information see the German version of this website.

International students (incoming)

Swiss-European Mobility Programme

SEMP-students from our partner universities have the option to spend one or two semesters at the Department of Film Studies in a BA or MA program. Applications must be submitted through the student’s home university. Formal requirements (e.g. Learning Agreement) must be coordinated with the home university as well as with UZH’s International Relations Office.

See Courses for an overview of the department’s current course offerings (as well as past courses and a preview of the upcoming semester).

For detailed information on the content and structure of our study programs in Film Studies, see the respective guidelines in German («Wegleitungen»).

Choosing and booking modules / transcript of records

In general, SEMP-students can attend all courses offered by the Department of Film Studies. Exceptions are the two-semester introductory module «Einführung in die Methoden der Filmwissenschaft / Methodenkurs,» which is reserved for new students, and the core elective modules of the SWISS CINEMA NETWORK.

Inquire with your home university about the transfer of credits. Please note that not all modules are graded. If you need a grade to have your credits transferred, let your instructor know ahead of time in order to receive a grade at the end of the semester.

All modules must be booked online (BA-Module / MA-Module). You will automatically receive a transcript of records at the end of the semester (at the end of the second semester in the case of two-semester modules). Please note that the booking of two-semester modules requires matriculation during both semesters.

Students from other Swiss universities (incoming)

Studying at more than one university

Students from other Swiss universities can attend modules/courses at the University of Zurich and earn ECTS credits upon fulfilling the course requirements.

For further information see the German version of this website.

Transfer to the University of Zurich

Studies begun at another university may be continued at UZH if certain requirements are met. If you wish to permanently transfer to UZH, proceed as follows:

  1. Fill in the online matriculation via the Student Administration Office. All information can be found under Application & Admission.
  2. Contact the Student Affairs Office to enquire about the transfer of credits.